What’s your email marketing strategy for keeping in touch with your customers? You know, stay top of mind and nurture those relationships you worked so hard to get in the first place. If your answer doesn’t include “at least once a month I…” you’re ignoring your most valuable asset, your customer. You could improve by calling each one individually twice a month, or you could simply use the channel that consistently outperforms other marketing channels: email marketing. That’s right, it’s a simple as shooting a well-timed email every couple of weeks to keep the orders flowing and your customers happy, making email marketing one of the smartest investments you can make in your business.
Here are 12 reasons why email marketing is smart:
- 83% more revenue from buyers who receive email marketing
- 44% higher average order size
- 28% more frequent orders
- 22% of consumers who receive email marketing visit a sender’s website without clicking on an email link
- 20 times more cost effective than traditional media
- Helps you stay top of mind all year
- More repeat sales (up to 4 times more profitable than initial purchase)
- Very scalable (reach all of your customers at once)
- It’s greener (both environmentally and financially)
- Email is preferred by 74% of online adults
- 83% say they check email first
- 72% check email more than 6 times per day
Sold? If so, make a marketing calendar for the next three months and stick to it. Measure the impact after each email and make adjustments to keep improving with each email. You can always look to us for help too for getting started with email marketing for your small business.