Looking to do more business in the upcoming year? Then let this social media guide be your starting point. Joining social media networks has never been the challenge; finding the right direction to take once you’re there is where many business owners get hung up. Let us lead you down the right path.
When we developed this guide for small business owners three years ago, we wanted it to stand apart from the typical how-to guide. We wanted our version to be practical and filled with real-world examples. And we’ve included the latest information and trends, which is why we’re launching an updated version now.
Just like the previous editions, we keep it simple and spell out the business benefits of social media and how to get started on the right foot.
Here’s what’s new in the 2017 social media guide:
- Instagram’s stories, shoppable photos and what they mean for the future of eCommerce.
- How Twitter’s character count updates are changing the way you tweet.
- Using Snapchat’s custom filters to engage with customers in a more interactive way.
- The Facebook Live video craze and how businesses are using it to share behind-the-scenes stories.
- Social searching capabilities and why this personalized search technology makes it more important than ever for your business to have a presence on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
And just like the previous edition, you’ll learn:
1) All About Social Media in 2017
This is where the path begins. Social accounts are easy to set up, but without an understanding of the current state of social media for small businesses, it can be unclear what to do next. Follow the trail to learn more.
2) The 5 Ways Social Media Impacts Your Business
Understanding how social media can benefit your business is helpful in determining the direction you want to take. We’ll spell out the tangible benefits you can achieve through social media and guide you in obtaining those benefits.
3) Where (and How) to Get Started With Social Media
It’s easy to feel directionless when navigating the various social media channels. In this section, we’ll define the purpose of each social network and help you figure out which ones are most appropriate for your business.
4) Like Reading a Map, It’s Important to Know Your Destination
Setting goals and objectives for your social media activities keeps you on the right path. We’ll teach you how to plot a practical course for social media success.
5) Building a Tactical Social Strategy and Calendar
In addition to familiarity with the terrain and an end goal in sight, you’ll need to be properly equipped for the journey. In this section, we’ll show you how to turn your social media goals into a reality and guide you to success with real-world examples.
With our Social Media Field Guide, you’ll be ready to embark on a successful social media campaign for your business.
Remember, social media doesn’t replace your other forms of communication; rather, it supplements them and helps strengthen your personal relationships. It’s one of the best ways to stay in touch with your past clients and contacts. Enjoy the journey, and use these guides to lead the way. Happy trails!