“How can I attract and maintain policyholders?” That’s a question successful insurance agents ask themselves on a regular basis.
Better coverage, competitive rates, top-notch customer service — many factors differentiate one agency from the next. However, there’s one thing most everyone in the industry will agree on: it’s all about building solid relationships and providing value to policyholders. This makes it especially important for agents to invest in marketing channels that help them do just that.
Insurance agents have tried everything from traditional advertising to digital methods such as email and social media marketing, all in an effort to grow their business. But what’s most effective?
To answer that question, we went straight to the source. We asked more than 240 insurance agents how they find new policyholders.
To see a detailed breakdown of the results and recommendations based on how agents responded to our ten question survey, click here and fill out the form for free access to the full report.
Get the full report: 2017 Insurance Marketing Benchmarks Report.
Insurance agents want referrals.
- 42.9% of insurance agents would invest in referrals if they had extra budget for marketing.
- 87.3% of insurance agents said that referrals from current and previous clients are one of their most successful marketing tactics.
- 50.7% of insurance agents do not spend any money investing in referrals (per month).
Insurance agents also want leads.
- 30.4% of insurance agents said that lead generation is the most important reason to stay in front of their network.
- Only 20.5% of insurance agents said they have had success purchasing leads, but purchased leads are the #1 item agents spend $500+ on.
What’s Inside the Report?
- Key Takeaways
- Top Marketing Areas of Focus for Agents
- Biggest Marketing Challenges for Agents
- Most Successful Marketing Tactics for Agents
- Agent’s Monthly Spend by Marketing Channel
- Where Agents Would Spend Extra Dollars
- Why Being Remembered Counts
- The Best Kind of New Business
- Favorite Online Marketing Channels
- Key Stats by Topic
- Bylines & Methodology
Today, there are more options to market and promote an insurance business than ever. Insurance agents have tried everything from traditional advertising to digital methods such as email and social media marketing…all to grow their businesses and become more successful. Knowing this, we set out to report on where insurance agents are spending their marketing dollars and which channels are most effective at bringing them new business — here’s what we uncovered.