Email marketing is still the best way to increase brand awareness and acquire, convert and retain new customers. But your email marketing is only as good as the list you have to send to.
From one business to the next, the recipe for building an email list is never quite the same. But with the right ingredients, you can approximate your own recipe, tweak it to the tastes of your target audience and successfully grow your email marketing list over time.
Why email marketing?
With a solid list, keeping in touch with your past customers to boost your referral and repeat business becomes easy. But why stop there? Continually adding to your list is going to drive even more new business your way over time.
Building email lists filled with the right prospects takes time, but it’s very doable once you know how to make your existing website and social media networks work for you.
That’s why we’ve put together this handy collection of tips and tricks to help you do just that.
In this 10-step guide, we’ll show you how to grow your email list from scratch. We’ll cover:
- How to collect visitor information with a homepage capture form
- WordPress plugins that incentivize visitors to click and take action
- Ways to collect new contact information by asking for referrals
- The secret to using popups in an undisruptive way
- Why quizzes get you in front of a larger audience
- How to run a contest that drives results
- Steps to export email addresses from your LinkedIn database
- Website opt-in forms to build your email list
- The benefits of live chat on your website
- Tricks for sharing information on the go
Ready to get started? Grab a copy of our 10-Step Guide to Build an Email List From Scratch
With a solid email list, keeping in touch with your past customers to boost your referral and repeat business becomes easy. But why stop there? Continually adding to your list is going to drive even more new business for you over time.
P.S., If you need help getting started, we’re always here to help.
Updated 6/14/17; Originally published 12/4/14.